Float Planet Experience
On your first visit to Float Planet, ensure you come with an open mind. If you’re unsure on what to expect, a member of the Float Planet team will guide you through the procedure.
Be sure to relax and let go as we provide everything that you need to get the most out of your relaxing session including quality shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, ear plugs, a nice fresh towel, slippers and hair dryers.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your session is due to start as this will allow enough time for you to check in and prepare for your float.
You can check out the location of Float Planet on our Contact Page, where you’ll also find information on the nearest car parks and train stations.
Before Your Float Session
•Avoid shaving the day of your float session, because of the high salt content in the water it may sting. We provide vaseline to cover any small cuts or grazes.
•We recommend you use the bathroom first if you need it, to ensure no interruptions to your float.
•We advise that you avoid caffeine and other stimulants for at least one hour before floating.
•Eat a light meal a few hours before you float. It will be easier for your body to fully relax when its not digesting plenty of food. If you plan on eating a large meal, leave yourself 3-4 hours before you float.
•If you wear contact lenses, please bring cleaning solution and contact lens case with you.
During Your Float session
• Enter your private float room have a quick shower to rinse off your day.
• Dry off your face with the towel provided and put your ear plugs in.
• Enter the float tank slowly, lie on your back into the water. Be careful not to touch your eyes as this will sting due to the Epsom salt water. The water will support you as you let your head totally relax.
• You can position your arms above your head for support or use the float halo, whatever feels best. Just relax and let go.
• Music will be played for the first ten minutes of your float, it will then slowly fade away and you will experience peace and quiet.
• In the tank, there are two buttons; one to control the light and the other to call reception in case of an emergency. You are in complete control of your environment so you can have the door open or closed as you wish.
• Five minutes before the end of your session, the music will slowly fade back in to let you know that your time is almost up.
After Your Float Session
After your float session, rinse off in the shower and get changed, use the hairdryers provided in the beauty room. Plan some extra time to relax in our chill out area, take some time to process your thoughts and enjoy a selection of herbal teas. Chat with other guests and share your experience.